Employee Development Assistant
Control Techniques, a Nidec company, is a world leader in the design and production of electronic variable speed drives for the control of electric motors. Founded in 1973, with over 45 years of engineering experience in drive design and operations in over 70 countries, Control Techniques is a global drives specialist.
From product development at our headquarters in Newtown, Wales, to our Drive Centers around the world, we provide solutions for the most demanding applications ensuring high performance, reliability and energy efficiency across every application. From the elevators moving people in the tallest skyscrapers through to rollercoasters, factories and theatres. For everything that spins and moves, Control Techniques makes it happen.
Working closely with the HRM team to ensure a high quality of employee development and HR service is delivered to the business.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Become a positive and trusted resource for the HRM team in all internal and external interactions.
- Display strong critical thinking/problem solving abilities and adaptability in potentially ambiguous situations, while maintaining a positive attitude towards accomplishing objectives in a timely manner.
- Proactively, organize/manage and execute logistics for various trainings. This includes, though is not limited to, setting up classrooms/webinars, class registrations, sending and monitoring calendar invitations and coordinating attendance tracking for all instructor-led and virtual instructor-led training classes.
- Administer the Learning Management System, including tracking of class course offerings, attendance, completion and issuance of certificates.
- Collaboratively assist the Learning & Development and HRM team in ensuring that the company is providing the employees with the relevant training requirements.
- Collaboratively assist with the creation and monitoring of training performance metrics
- Work collaboratively and/or individually to draft and edit written correspondence in the form of memos, emails, external or internal communications; create and/or maintain various spreadsheets, presentations and other materials as meetings or projects arise.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Ideally to be qualified in one or another of the CIPD’s Professional Development Scheme
- Intermediate or higher MS Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrates strong initiative, proactive planning, resourcefulness, problem-solving abilities and heavily focused on customer service
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
About the company:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Please quote your current/last salary on your Covering letter
- We cannot offer Visa Sponsorship on this role (EU Passport, ILR or Refugee Visa)
- Relocation support is not available
- If you apply you confirm that you will working full time in Newtown, UK
To apply please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.