Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development of products that support the integration of Control Techniques’ products into modern industrial applications.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- To write and maintain functional requirement specifications by interpreting and analysing user requirements.
- To develop software designs and architectures that they and/or their colleagues will implement.
- To implement and verify system designs, whilst satisfying agreed necessary conditions for quality, reliability, maintainability and cost.
- To lead and take part in design and code reviews.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Computing/ Science/ Engineering Degree class 2(i) or higher.
- Up to 5 years experience in real-time software development using C/C++.
- Experience of working in multi-person software development projects.
- The ability to support and lead less experienced engineers.
- Experience of using structured design methodologies such as UML.
- Ability to provide guidance in the planning, organisation and prioritisation of work in a small team/project
- Ability to support the advancement of the software development processes and working practices.
- Capable of supervising 3rd party testing of the end product.
About the company:
- Please quote your current/last salary on your Covering letter
- We cannot offer Visa Sponsorship on this role (EU Passport/ILR/Refugee Visa)
- Relocation support is available
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
- We can offer full development including Chartered Engineer status
- If you apply you confirm that you will working full time in Newtown, UK
Applications to be sent to email@example.com with CV and details requested above.