Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Creation of new designs and design of critical power components.
- Design and develop analogue, digital, electronic circuits and systems for power electronics.
- To implement designs, personally, and through other team members, which meet agreed functional design requirements and conforms to international EMC and Safety requirements and regulations.
- Creation of new product specifications and documentation for record keeping.
- Participate in product design reviews.
- Interface with external suppliers.
- Managing and facilitating type test meetings plus developing test equipment.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Masters Degree (MEng) in Power electronics with 2 years+ as an Engineer minimum.
- Must have understanding of power electronic devices, topologies and control systems.
- Have used simulation tools (e.g. PLECS, Saber, Simetrix, Pspice or Mathlab Simulink simulators).
- Ability to build prototypes, experimentation on systems and bench test.
- Have a working knowledge of planning tools and applies planning theory to his or her work.
- Have an awareness and desire to explore emerging technology, innovating ways to incorporate that into designs and products.
- Modeling, test and application of high power semiconductor and passive components
- Strong curiosity and interests to explore and develop new technology
- Thermal, mechanical or EMC for motor drives
- Electromagnetic & Electrostatic fields simulation and test and motor drive design
- Converter/inverter/rectifier or power supplies (AC/AC, DC/DC, AC/DC, DC/AC)
About the company:
- Please quote your current/last salary on your Covering letter
- We cannot offer Visa Sponsorship on this role (EU Passport/ILR/Refugee Visa)
- Relocation support is available
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
- If you apply you confirm that you will working full time in Newtown, Powys in the UK
Applications to be sent to email@example.com with CV and details requested above.