Software Technical Lead
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
To provide technical leadership and planning for a software team developing industrial controllers for Control Techniques’ products. As leader, the candidate will be required to specify and clarify product requirements as well as ensure quality is delivered. Hands on development will also be required as well as mentoring of junior team members.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- To write and maintain functional requirement specifications by interpreting and analysing user requirements.
- To develop system designs and architectures that team members and third parties may implement.
- To develop software needed to integrate the elements of the specified design.
- To act as the primary technical interface with 3rd party software suppliers in order to support their developments, and to integrate and test the resulting deliverables.
- To maintain oversight on product quality through all stages of the project (design, coding, configuration and reviews).
- To lead the development of test strategies and plans.
- To lead and take part in design and code reviews.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience using C/C++, including experience of writing embedded software.
- Ability to lead the planning, organisation and prioritisation of work in a small team/project.
- Demonstrated experience in process and tools sets to lead 3rd party design, development, test and integration activities (design tools/ techniques, code control, task management, collaboration, code quality).
- Experience of using structured design methodologies such as UML.
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience in Windows Embedded, Linux, Intel and ARM chips is desirable.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to travel (typically within Europe) for occasional technical meetings or training.
- Experience of industrial automation equipment would be beneficial.
About the company:
- Please quote your current/last salary on your Covering letter
- We cannot offer Visa Sponsorship on this role (EU Passport/ILR/Refugee Visa)
- Relocation support is available
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package
- If you apply you confirm that you will working full time in Newtown, Powys in the UK
- We can offer full development including Chartered Engineer status
Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and details requested above.