Drives and control systems from Control Techniques are installed in port applications around the world. Our compact and flexible solutions provide the power and control to move materials efficiently and safely, our experience and expertise allows us to maximize the efficiency, speed and reliability of your cranes.
Fast turn-around of freight through optimization of loading/unloading and storage cycles
Maximize uptime of port equipment through use of reliable, modular drive systems
Assist crane drivers with intelligent, safe automation solutions
Help engineering staff resolve faults with customized crane management system software
Typical applications include:
- Ship-to-shore (STS)
- Mobile harbor cranes (MHC)
- Rubber tire gantry (RTG)
- Rail mounted gantry (RMG)
- Straddle carriers (SC)
- Ship unloaders
- Grab unloaders
- Slewing grab
- Floating crane
- Single boom
- Double boom
- Goliath overhead
Modular Drive Systems
- At the heart of Control Techniques crane systems are Unidrive SP Modular AC drives. These compact flexible power devices are capable of driving loads of up to 1.9MW and yet each module is compact and light enough enough to be easily handled on site, simplifying installation and maintenance. They can be configured to provide redundancy and fault tolerance so that cranes can continue to operate, even if a module ever failed.
Control Techniques’ Crane Management System (CMS)
- Control Techniques’ CMS monitors physical and operating conditions of the crane on a real time basis. It can be used to operate the crane, schedule maintenance, analyze crane faults and provide crane production data.
Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS)
- Control Techniques’ DGPS is a GPS based automatic steering and yard management system for port applications, which can be used on both RTG and RMG cranes. The system offers satellite guided relative positioning (differential) mode, giving excellent accuracy with minimal positioning error.
Products for the port and freight terminal machinery industry: