As a recognized player in the field of hydroelectric power generation, Kato Engineering develops an approach of commitment and transparency for your full confidence and satisfaction.
Throughout the project life, including design and manufacturing phases, Kato Engineering teams will help you meet technical and environmental specifications ensuring optimum configuration and implementation.
|Power||0.01 - 25 MW|
|Voltage||220 - 15,000 V|
|Rotation speed||250 - 1500 rpm / 50Hz
300 - 1800 rpm / 60Hz
|Mounting||Vertical or Horizontal|
|Cooling||IC01 - IC21 - IC31 - IC81W (IEC 60034-6)|
|Temperature rise class||F or B|
|Excitation||Self-excited - Brushless rotating excitation|
|Regulation||Analog or digital Nidec - Kato Engineering/Leroy-Somer AVR|
Our highly skilled engineering teams focus on optimization and continuous improvement resulting in the highest performance available on the market (efficiencies, life span and mechanical behavior).
For this purpose, we use the best computation tools relying on Finite element analysis (FEA) and 3D CAD design.
We work closely with turbine manufacturers to refine system designs and ensure flawless performance of the turbine-generator system on site.
Our production site is equipped with state-of- the-art machinery, and we achieve unbeatable product performance through controlled high quality components and processes at every step.
CNC plasma and laser cutting tools, precision form-wound winding, and vacuum-pressure impregnation are some of the equipment and processes used by qualified and dedicated workers.
A global network of certified Service Centers can provide repairs and maintenance of products for the Hydro Power industry. Everywhere in the world, there is a service center able to take care of your needs.
We provide a complete range of services to support you, from installation to commissioning and maintenance:
• On-site assembly when requested by site contraints
• Site erection, installation and commissioning
• On-site or in-house operations including repair, maintenance and diagnostic
• Long term service agreements with possible remote monitoring
• Advanced electrical & mechanical diagnostics, analysis and reports
• Parts center ensuring up-time requirements
Our services & engineering teams have designed courses to address the specific challenges of hydro projects.
• Engineering companies: increase or refresh your knowledge, for specification write-up, better evaluation of proposals, and comparison processes
• Operating companies: identify key topics to optimize daily & strategic operation activities, including scheduled controls, monitoring and maintenance, and getting the most of Kato generators