Kato Generator Capabilities
Kato Engineering provides custom power generation solutions for a wide range of applications, including:
Petroleum, gas & steam turbine, diesel & gas prime mover, power conditioning, traction, government and defense, nuclear power, data centers, and more.
For each market, we are able to propose low, medium and high voltage, 50 & 60 Hz, three phase (optional six phase) 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 pole generators from 200 kw to 25 MW.
Why Kato Engineering
Kato Engineering provides reliable, durable products for your specific power generation needs, along with expertise, follow-up services, genuine parts, and training you can depend on.
Quality and innovation make KATO® generators the right choice for your project. At Kato Engineering you will find:
- Generator cores built from high-grade electrical steel laminations to minimize core loss and heating
- Precision machined rolled or forged steel rotor shafts that are dynamically balanced to meet stringent specifications
- Copper amortisseur windings to lessen damper cage heating caused by non-linear loads
- Mica turn-taped magnet wire in the stator coils that provides nearly twice the instantaneous surge withstand capacity over glass-covered magnet wire
- Precisely layered insulating tape applied to coils using state-of-the-art equipment (this ensures maximum insulation properties and optimum fit in the coil slot to reduce premature failure in severe conditions)
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) two part epoxy system that provides better and more consistent protection in harsh environments over traditional bake-varnish insulation methods
- Grease lubricated, wide race designed bearings allowing a long life span.
- Opposite-drive endbracket insulator between the sleeve and bearing to prevent shaft currents flowing through the bearing which can damage the bearing surfaces
- Heavy-duty drive and opposite-drive endbrackets with replaceable hardened steel sleeves to allow for easy rebuilding on-site
Certifications & Standards
|AUSTRALIAN AS 1359
|10CFR50 App. B
|Class 1 Div. 2, Zone 2
Unique certification or standards can be met for your needs upon request.
Contact Kato Engineering