Apprentice Software Tester
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
We’re looking for a passionate individual looking to progress their career in Embedded Software Development as an Apprentice Software Tester. As an Apprentice Software Tester, you'll design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure that software is fit for purpose.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Create & execute test cases, recording results & escalating problems found
- Work alongside developers and other testers
- Communication with developers and other testers within the teams
- Identify potential risk areas of the software-under-test
- Raise & manage defects/bugs raised
- Manual testing
- Automated testing – when skills allow
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) of grades A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Maths, English and IT / Science.
- Strong willingness to learn
- Great time management skills as you’ll need to work flexibly and under pressure
- Communication skills: you’ll need to be able to deal with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritise workloads and to know when to seek guidance
- A keen interest and proven ability of IT knowledge (education or self-taught)
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Able to follow documented instructions (test cases)
- Ability to understand specifications/requirements
- Have a keen interest in software development
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
Apprenticeship support and benefits package including company pension, birthdays as a holiday and flexitime.
- We can offer full development including training and development to Chartered Engineer status.
To apply, please email email@example.com, stating the role you wish to apply for, to receive an application form.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice