Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
Working for the Head Office Finance function of global manufacturing company this commercially focused role will have overall responsibility for planning and analysis of the weekly, monthly and annual forecasting and budgeting process for ~24 global sales sites.
Working with your team of 2 analysts to evaluate, challenge and present the data so that you will be able to tell the story of the business short term performance and long term strategic potential to an audience of senior executives in UK and Worldwide. Continuously improve the processes to collect and analyse the data to increase efficiency and provide better insight.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Support and consolidate the weekly ‘over achievement’ process by identifying key sales and profitability actions and work with relevant sites and regions to ensure that the actions are tracked, progressed and ultimately achieved.
- Design and support the annual budget setting process for all global sites.
- Lead the preparation of monthly reporting pack to American HQ on prior and current quarter performance e.g. financial bridges, explain major delta to plan, highlight areas of improvement and actions plans in place.
- Work closely with the Director of Financial Planning/Commercial Controlling to align the consolidation system, data requests and subsequent output models, analysis and reports with the current business strategic priorities.
- Manage and develop the team (based in Oradea Romania) of 2/3 analysts. Organise and prioritise their workloads to offer dedicated and ongoing support to all areas of the business.
- Provide support to global sales sites for financial related matters ensuring they implement and automate their own processes to provide accurate and timely data.
- Develop a good understanding of the business, its products, channels to market and customers in order to provide valuable insight and support decision making.
- Work with other departments at head office to improve the financial focus of the business.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
Relevant degree in a subject such as Business, Finance, Economics or similar.
- Professional Qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) preferred.
- Financial planning experience, 2 years plus.
- General Finance experience, 5 years plus.
To apply, please email email@example.com, stating the role you wish to apply for, to receive an application form.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice