Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer to join our R&D department. The successful candidate will join a larger team on significant projects or will take on smaller design challenges independently as and when required.
The role will be involved in designing, developing, and implementing mechanical components of our Power Electronic Drive products. This includes all technical aspects required to deliver these components, such as material selection and evaluation, simulations and testing, and thermal design. If this sounds like a challenge you would be interested, read on.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Strong technical understanding within the relevant discipline
- Solid understanding of plastic and metal component manufacture.
- Design of components for use in a drive.
- To implement designs, which meet agreed functional design requirements and conforms to international Safety requirements and regulations.
- Interface with external suppliers.
- Working to agreed timescales & project plans
- Daily interaction with engineers from multiple disciplines to ensure solutions are a good fit with the drive architecture.
- Preparing concise and clear technical documentation and reports.
- Presenting, discussing and justifying design concepts and ideas.
- Contribute to technical design reviews, constructively critique and challenge others’ designs.
- Degree/PHD qualified in an Engineering discipline.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will be working within cross functional teams to align development activities across the business.
- An enthusiasm for mechanical Engineering with a desire to work in a team of Engineers to ensure products are implemented and proved to work well through review and test.
Strong analytical skills and mathematical skills.
- Appreciation for the differences between theoretical design and practical implementation when considering real world tolerances.
- Ability to innovate solutions from top level specifications.
- Proven experience of designing mechanical components
- Experience in testing and component evaluation
- Experience with FE analysis
Relocation support is available.
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package including company pension, birthdays as a holiday and flexitime.
- We can offer full development including training and development to Chartered Engineer status.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the role you wish to apply for, to receive an application form.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice