Safety Software Team Leader
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
We are looking to hire a driven and enthusiastic Safety Software Team Leader for our R&D software development department. The group supports a wide variety of software (Desktop/ Mobile/ Web) that communicate with our industrial automation hardware and provide our users with a rich, modern environment to setup & diagnose our products.
The successful candidate will lead a team of engineers to specify system-wide safety software designs and establish functional safety requirements. The team is also responsible for implementing embedded safety software to the functional design requirements and the functional safety standard (IEC 61508). If this sounds like a challenge you would be interested in keep reading.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
- Perform project planning and reporting.
- Perform man management of a team of engineers consisting of software engineers, hardware engineers and functional safety engineers.
- Act as the software technical lead for a team.
- To write and maintain functional requirement specifications by interpreting and analysing user requirements.
- To develop safety software designs and architectures that they and/or their colleagues will implement.
- Apply semi-formal design and verification techniques, static analysis and test coverage analysis using suitable tools.
- To lead and take part in design and code reviews
- Unit testing, integration testing and system testing of the code being produced.
- Produce documentation as required to demonstrate compliance with SIL 3 requirements, for the purpose of certification of the products.
- Computing/ Science/ Engineering Degree class 2(i) or higher.
- At least 5 years’ experience in real-time, embedded software development using C/C++.
- An appreciation and understanding of hardware sufficient to act as an embedded technical lead.
- The ability to support and lead a team of engineers including mentoring less experienced engineers.
- Capable of clear and accurate communication, both verbal and written.
- Experience in working to IEC 61508 or related standards (IEC 62061, ISO 13849, IEC 61800-5-2, etc.) or functional safety standards from other application areas (aerospace, rail, defence, nuclear, medical, etc. would be beneficial.
- Experience of using structured design methodologies such as UML, state transition diagrams, etc.
- Unit test, integration test and system test; capable of supervising 3rd party testing. Experience in the industrial automation sector would be beneficial.
- Xamarin, ASP.NET, MVC, C++, Python, PowerShell
- Azure DevOps, TFS
- HTML technologies such as Ionic, Blazor.
- Previous experience working in electronics, commination with hardware and custom protocols.
Relocation support is available.
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits package including company pension, birthdays as a holiday and flexitime.
- We can offer full development including training and development to Chartered Engineer status.
To apply, please email email@example.com, stating the role you wish to apply for, to receive an application form.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice