Senior Global Logistics Manager
Newtown, Powys, UK
Control Techniques is part of the Industrial Automation business within the Nidec Group. We are a leading provider of sophisticated automation equipment, used in commercial and industrial applications. Our innovative products are used in the most demanding applications requiring performance, reliability and energy efficiency to enhance the productivity of our customers' machines and processes.
As part of the Global Procurement leadership team, this role will make a valuable contribution to the objectives of Control Techniques and Nidec, influencing strategy and driving execution to achieve the following key objectives:
- Building an optimised network of logistics lanes with strategic carrier partners.
- Achieving fast and reliable transit times for global movement of materials and product.
- Maximise NCT profit through negotiation of best carrier rates and directing the appropriate best use of carrier, lane and mode internally within the Sales and Operations networks.
The successful candidate’s main responsibilities will include:
Global logistics infrastructure
- Develop and maintain a shared understanding of the logistics requirements for NCT. What needs to be moved where and when?
- Coordinating with the ACIM logistics team, develop and maintain a network of logistics Carrier Partners to specifically meet the requirements by lane and mode.
- Negotiate best possible carrier rates and other costs with continuous emphasis on logistics cost reduction.
- Monitor and drive excellent logistics service levels internally and externally with focus on speed, reliability and security of product. Hold the Carrier partners to account and seek compensation where the service has fallen short.
- Evaluate the challenges faced in the logistics supply chain and take actions to mitigate risks.
- Provide guidance and support on customs clearance and shipment documentation.
Direction and guidance of appropriate logistics use
- Build relationships with the key Operations and Sales function stakeholders and decision makes in NCT.
- Clearly communicate the logistics strategy and direct its implementation in each function and regional area.
Data and reporting
- Build, maintain data that will assist NCT to understand its logistics flows and costs by mode, region and NCT reporting entity.
- Develop and maintain a set of KPIs to monitor performance against objectives and drive performance and cost improvements.
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Fellow or chartered member of related Professional Body.
- Strong experience in a senior logistics or related operations or commercial role.
- Experience in large and complex global organisations.
- Proven ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements.
- Working within a multi- cultural and global environment.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the role you wish to apply for, to receive an application form.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice