ST. LOUIS – Feb. 3, 2023 – Nidec’s research investments over the last decade to develop highly energy efficient electrical motors are paying off for the HVACR industry. Under increasingly stringent requirements from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the industry is finding that Nidec’s U.S. MOTORS brand of integrated motors and drives offer efficiency levels that often exceed even the newest regulations.
Nidec motors and drives are essential components in the operation and efficiency of air conditioning and heating equipment including furnaces, air handlers, heat pumps and condensers, as well as compressors in refrigeration. Nidec serves original equipment manufacturers and retrofitters; the company also provides aftermarket replacement motors.
The company will be showcasing its motors, drives and controls at the AHR Expo Feb. 6-8; Booth #B2339.
“Delivering green technologies that meet or exceed standards for efficiency continues to be a high priority,” said Tim Schamel, President of Nidec Motor Corporation. “Our HVACR and appliance division has more than 50 research and development labs dedicated to bringing innovative solutions such as our integrated motors and controls, synchronous motors, ECMs and variable speed motors. Contractors can feel confident they’re offering the industry’s best solutions to their commercial and residential customers.”
Nidec’s new, award-winning, premium IE4/IE5 SynRA™ motor is now available integrated with the Nidec ID300 drive, allowing commercial HVAC contractors or building maintenance staff to connect to building automation. Called the ID300 Perfectspeed™, the product provides significant energy savings and low lifetime operation costs.
The company is also increasing its focus on IAQ (indoor air quality) initiatives in 2023. Nidec’s electronically commutated motors (ECMs) allow for a significant increase in air filtration, while also offering the benefit of up to 75 percent better energy efficiency when operating in continuous mode.
Nidec representatives will be available at the AHR Expo for further discussions on efficiency and IAQ. In addition, Nidec will feature the following products at the AHR Expo:
- RESCUE EZ13® – Universal ECM Replacement: RESCUE EZ13 is a high-efficient ECM designed as a drop-in replacement for OEM constant torque ECM. The auto rotation sensing technology automatically determines motor direction. It's wired to the OEM equipment using the equipment's existing connections for ease of installation. No programming required.
- RESCUE EZ16® - 16-Pin Universal ECM Replacement: The RESCUE EZ16 motor is a patented electronically commutated constant torque aftermarket motor developed for the HVAC residential/light commercial market. Equipped with an EZ Interface (EZI) box used to tune the motor at installation, it provides a drop-in solution for systems using legacy 16-pin variable speed EC motors.
- RESCUE Select Pro™ – Preprogrammed ECM Replacement for Furnaces and Air Handlers: The RESCUE Select Pro is the aftermarket solution for OEM constant torque EC motors. With thousands of OEM performance profiles on a cloud-based web service app, the RESCUE Select Pro can be programmed directly through any smart phone or Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® enabled device.
- RESCUE EcoTech® – PSC to ECM replacement motor. Designed to be a drop-in replacement for permanent split capacitor (PSC) motors. RESCUE EcoTech motors are multi-horsepower, dual voltage and have reversible rotation. No wiring changes are required.
- RESCUE EcoTech® Outdoor 48 – Developed to stand up to harsh environments and temperatures found in outdoor condensing units. The RESCUE EcoTech Outdoor 48 EC Condenser Fan Motor is programmed to match the rotation and speed most preferred by major equipment manufacturers; and offers the flexibility for adjustment to speed and rotation.
- Embraco - Full line of replacement compressors, OEM original parts and condensing units for the aftermarket segment. The Embraco portfolio is complete and reliable with strict quality standards, including options for high, medium and low temperature applications all in one compressor.
- Variable Speed Compressors: inverter compressors, including dual voltage/frequency models with low noise and designed to operate with propane (R290). An efficient and reliable portfolio that attends new energy food preservation regulations in the food service, medical and food retail segments.
- Fixed Speed (On/Off) Compressors: reliable and high-efficiency models, also available in a high starting torque version and designed to support the most severe conditions in the Food Service. Options with low noise and wide cooling capacity range.
- Embraco condensing units ranging from small under-counters to large specialty cases, including all the range of food retail and food service reach. Offer high-efficiency in a compact and modular design, with tailor-made products for specific applications.
HVACR and Pump OEM
- SynRA™ Synchronous Reluctance Motor – This variable frequency motor provides the starting benefit of an induction motor, the operating benefit of a pure synchronous reluctance motor, and suitability benefit from the simple volts/hz drive. This motor provides higher efficiency and power density without risking components. A unique design gives the freedom to replace components individually instead of the entire system - leading to a lower cost of maintenance.
- ID300 PerfectSpeed™ – Combines the super-premium SynRA™ motor with the ID300 drive to create an integrated drive motor that performs reliably, efficiently, and is easy to install and maintain.
- ID300 Fusion™ – This integrated high-performance drive meets the demand for pump systems that are smaller, more compact than their predecessors, easier to transport, simpler to install, and quicker to integrate into existing systems.
- Neptune® Variable Speed Fan or Pump Motor - Multi-horsepower, dual voltage premium efficient motor, with single phase power supply and no wiring changes required. Delivers high performance and energy savings in a quiet motor.
More information on these products can be found at https://acim.nidec.com/motors/usmotors/.
About Nidec Corporation, Nidec Motor Corporation and U.S. MOTORS®
Nidec Corporation is the world's No.1 comprehensive motor manufacturer. Based in Kyoto, Japan, Nidec Corporation offers motors ranging from micro-size to super large, as well as application products and services in IT, automation, home appliances, automobiles, commercial and industrial systems, environmental, energy, and many other businesses. Nidec is comprised of approximately 340 companies employing more than 110,000 people all over the world.
Nidec Appliance, Commercial and Industrial Motors (ACIM) is a business unit of Nidec that manufactures a full line of high efficiency motors used in applications ranging from air conditioning condensers, HVAC blower motors, rooftop cooling towers, commercial refrigeration, and appliances, to agriculture, water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation, to pool and spa. The division also makes motors, controls, and switches for automotive and commercial markets. Some of the product brands include U.S. MOTORS®, RESCUE, Nidec, and Embraco.
The U.S. MOTORS brand encompasses a complete line of general and special purpose commercial and industrial motors from 1/30 horsepower through 4000 horsepower for a wide variety of applications. Since 1908, the U.S. MOTORS brand has stood for exceptional product reliability and performance. It is one of the oldest and most trusted brands in the motor industry and is recognized worldwide as the mark of leadership and technological innovation.
For more information contact: