On November 6, 2021, Congress passed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). This Bipartisan Infrastructure deal builds the groundwork for rebuilding and investment in America’s roads, bridges, and rails, with the goal of modernizing the American electrical infrastructure. Programs and projects involving clean technology supply chains, grid infrastructure and resiliency, energy efficiency, building infrastructure, smart manufacturing, and transformer/motor drive system rebates are backed by the bill.
The act provides $1.2T+ in funding across key sectors nationwide, including:
- $10M for motor and drive system rebates
- $225M in energy efficiency for water facilities
- $750M for manufacturing facility modernization.
- $320B in Clean Energy Tax Credits
- $110B in Clean Energy Technology, Manufacturing, and Supply Chains
- $105B for Resilience of current infrastructure
- $20B in Clean Energy Procurement
To read the full text of the Act, please visit here.
Read the official fact sheet of the Act here.
Building a Better America Homepage
Buy American Fact Sheet
Made in America Office Website
Pumps and Systems Article: What Does Buy American Mean for the Pump Industry?
NEMA Statement on Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
NEMA IIJA information Page
As more information, processes, and qualifications are specified we will continue to update this page.